Student Visa (X)

Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship

Student Visa is divided into X and F Visa. X Visa is issued to aliens who come to China for study, advanced studies, or fieldwork for more than 6 months. F Visa is issued to aliens who come to China with same purpose but for a period of less than 6 months.

The organization must be accredited for offering courses or internships to foreigners. They will send you a JW201 or JW202 form and an admission letter. Submit these with photocopies with your visa application.

You are not permitted to work on this visa 'without permission'. You should contact you university or employer after you have settled in to see what can be arranged. However, many students moonlight, especially teaching English. Should the authorities discover this, you will probably just have to stop though expulsion is always a small possibility.

X visa is only for 30 days from the date of arrival during which time you and your university or employer must seek a Temporary Residence Permit for the duration of your study or internship, to a maximum of 5 years.


1. Applicant's original passport valid up to at least six months with at least one blank page

2. One truly completed Visa Application Form and the Supplementary Visa Application Form.

3. Please affix one recent passport style color photo with full face, front view, no hat, and against a plain light background on the application form.

4. X visa applicants should provide the original and copy of approved Foreign Student Visa Application Form (JW201 or JW202) issued by the Chinese authorized unit, and the Admission Notice from the Chinese school

5. F visa applicants should provide the Enrollment Letter from the Chinese school.

How to Apply

1. You may submit the application to the visa office of the Chinese Embassies or Consulates in person.

2. Or you can entrust someone else (e.g. friends, relatives), a travel agency or a visa agency to act on your behalf if you can't come personally. Power of attorney is not required.

3. Mailed applications are not accepted and will be refused by most of Chinese embassies or consulates in overseas.

4. There is no need to make an appointment.

Processing Time

The regular processing time is 4 working days. If you want to collect your visa earlier, the express service and rush service are available. Express Service: 2-3 working days processing; extra US$ 20 will be charged per visa. Rush Service (for emergencies): 1 working day processing; extra US$ 30 will be charged per visa.

Visa Fees

The fee for X visa is same to the fee for other types of Chinese visa. Generally speaking, Chinese embassies or consulates only issue single entry X Visa to foreigners. If you apply for it in the United States of America, the fee is US$140 for American citizens, US$30 for other citizens.

Site Search


Random Articals


Join Our Newsletter



Send This Page to Friend

To Email this page to a friend

1. Use Your Default Email Client
2. Use Our Recommend Page

Online Contact



+ 86 158 00 323 707

+ 86 158 00 323 707

Go back to the previous page

Missing / Incorrect

If you like this article please feel free to share it to your favorite site listed below:

Choose A Style:

Font Family


Courier New

Sans MS

New Roman



Font Colors
black blue green purple red white
Font Size
Site Options Help | Admin Login
control panel